Patients are advised to undergo dental checkups every six months. But do they know why it is recommended? What to expect from it? And why is it important? Dental checkups like any other type of checkups are essential for the maintenance of the overall dental health as well as diagnosis, prevention, restoration, and treatments for multiple dental complications. At Dental Town, we provide various procedures under Regular Checkups for the overall care and wellness of our patient’s dental health.
What To Expect During Dental Checkups?
Dental checkups are consists of multiple procedures which are performed by a dental professional. It is consist of treatments that covers full examination and cleanings.
- Teeth Cleaning is performed to clean the whole mouth including those that are usually hard to reach areas by merely brushing, flossing, and rinsing. It removes any food particles, plaque, tartar (hardened plaque), and even stains on each of the tooth’s surface. Not only does it remove harmful bacterias, but it can also brighten the teeth. Afterward, the teeth will be polished to remove any remaining residue to make sure that the mouth is thoroughly cleaned.
- Dental Examination is now possible after cleaning the teeth. After removing the stains and the harmful plaque or tartar build-ups, the dentist will thoroughly check the mouth. It would check for any changes or irregularities that have occurred in the mouth. It is essential since the early signs or damages can be easily treated to prevent it from worsening.
- X-rays can also be performed to check for some irregularities that are not easily spotted on the surface. These include the areas underneath the gum line, inside the teeth, or the jaw bone.
Why Are Regular Dental Checkups Important?
- It helps in the prevention of multiple dental complications
The dentist can check if there is any need for treatments either immediate or not. It is to make sure that the problem would not progress to a more complicated dental issue.
- Harmful bacterias, plaque, tartar, and food debris can be taken care of for a healthier and brighter smile
- Any indications of diseases or disorders such as Gum disease, Oral cancer, Halitosis, Bruxism, and Sleep apnea can be diagnosed. Once diagnosed, the dentist can then recommend the best options for its treatments.
- Not only does it save people’s mouths but also the condition of their overall health. Multiple studies support the undeniable connection between gum disease and other health problems.
Proper dental hygiene and care partnered with Regular Dental Checkups can ensure the overall health condition of each patient. Follow the recommended scheduling for better smiles and better oral health.
Give your smile a boost with our dental treatments! Book an appointment with Dental Town and check out our services under Regular Checkups in Summit Argo, IL. We are located at 5836 S. Harlem Ave. #200, Summit Argo, IL 60501.