Orthodontic procedures from the past have always been an unpleasant experience. With it comes common misconceptions that many people believed. In turn, patients who were supposed to be candidates for the treatment became discouraged to undergo such. But thankfully, as dental technology advanced, so as the various services it offers. Orthodontic appliances now can straighten the teeth effectively while eliminating the common hassles associated with the traditional approach.
There is one type of appliance that stands out nowadays – clear aligners. Instead of using the usual metal brackets and wires, a removable molded tray that can easily be worn over the teeth is now utilized. One example is a ClearCorrect aligner made of thermoplastic materials that have been verified safe by the FDA. ClearCorrect aligners and treatment plans are custom-made for each patient to guarantee perfect fittings as well as successful teeth straightening approach.
At Dental Town, we believe in the potential of ClearCorrect when it comes to providing straighter and healthier smiles for our patients. Teens and adults who are usually conscious about their looks can benefit from the appliance as it offers an inconspicuous look. The discomfort that is normal to any orthodontic treatment can even be minimized through ClearCorrect. All these and more make the oral device an ideal option for patients who wants to achieve the smile that they always dreamed of.
Ready to start your teeth straightening journey? Here are some useful tips that can help you get the most out of your orthodontic experience with ClearCorrect!
- Make sure to use the correct dental care tools when handling ClearCorrect. Avoid the use of toothpaste for these can be too abrasive for the aligner.
- Using gentle antibacterial soaps would work best when partnered with a soft-bristled toothbrush to keep it sanitized.
- Make sure to remove the trays from the mouth when eating. The ClearCorrect aligner is more likely to be damaged when exposed to chewing forces.
- Patients are free to drink water with the aligner on. But when it comes to coffee, wine, or other juices, it is advised to remove the appliance to avoid discoloration.
- Note any instructions given by the dentist. Some of these are the duration of its wear, the replacement schedule, and follow up visits. Doing so will assure both the patient and dentist that the treatment will be a success.
Bring out your best smile with ClearCorrect in Summit Argo, IL, book your appointments with Dental Town! Call us to experience an outstanding treatment in making your teeth straighter, beautiful and healthy!